Search This Blog

Pages

Monday 9 January 2012

faith

"A day that is changed ...."

It was a cool Sunday of winters, so I wake up late and enjoyed every warmth of my blanket till the last breath of me in my bed, gazed at the wall clock, saw my mobile.
After all the necessary works of the morning or I can say afternoon I remembered that today I have to take the bath not because It is sunday but because today I have to go for a bhandara, Its a Sai Baba bhandara so it becomes compulsory for me as it was organized by one of my aunty ji and also because of  my faith.
The way to Mandir is quite easy, but surprisingly that temple of SAI and SHIV is surrounded by the Muslims houses.
Its on corner and the temple has no Hindu's home around it for 200sq meters. Its very rare and uncommon and sometimes give you a proud feeling that I m an Indian.

What I see now is the empty temple or the expected crowd is much much less then I had expected, I can easily walk inside the temple, no one is bothered about the administration, very few are joining hands in front of Gods and Goddesses, once again I was amazed by seeing that ladies and kids had came up with "tiffins" and packed the whole food for their family, no one is sighted from the upper class even middle class also. there is a mess around the temple and the one thing I missed the most are beggars, unexpected.

This view is completely changed with the previous bhandara, the crowd, the enthusiasm all is missing somewhere in the ego of person to person. It was held almost 3 to 4 yrs back, then I also did the swam seva and some how administrated the event, serves food to the people and it is crowded with youth from 14 to 24 yrs age groups, Its a fun and faith, mixed feeling, or in Indian style "mast". 
Now I m 21 and the scene is changed  the elder guys are married and girls are hardly to found, the standard of living is increased but the faith is decreased in youth completely missing from the event. I don't know where are they going and what they want but a lighted church at Christmas is much more fascinating then serving to hunger.

A day is changed and so the definition of faith.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing! the sentiments are so beautifully penned...love to read it again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let the memories pour out of our heart, for todays fascinating things are tomorrow's sweet memories:)

    -Manu

    ReplyDelete